"In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit."

novembro 18, 2016


In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a hobbit-hole, and that means comfort.” - in The Hobbit by J. R. R. Tolkien

Estava com esta ideia na cabeça há quase três semanas. E quando decidi dedicar uma semana inteira aos livros do Tolkien, eu sabia que tinha que desenhar algo relacionado com O Senhor dos Anéis. E por isso desenhei uma casa Hobbit.

Comecei ontem à noite. A ideia era pintar durante o dia de hoje, com luz natural, para que pudesse filmar... Mas entusiasmei-me e comecei logo a usar a Liquid Masking Film, e depois com as Ecolines (aguarela líquida). Ao início tentei que as cores fossem menos vibrantes...
Há muito tempo que não usava Ecolines (anos!!) e este desenho relembrou-me o quanto as gosto de usar.

I've been with this idea in my head for almost three weeks. And when I decided to dedicate a full week to the books of Tolkien I knew that I wanted to draw something related with Lord of the Rings. And it had to be home, or my take on a hobbit hole.

I started it last night. I had the intentions to colour it today, with daylight, so I could record the process. But I got carried away and started to work with the liquid masking film, and then the Ecolines (liquid watercolour). At first I tried to keep the colours very light (has I always do) but I also end up with very colourful and bright colours. 
I hadn't used Ecolines for a long time (a few years to be more exact) and I miss them a lot. 




Talens Ecoline in 202 Deep Yellow, 416 Sepia, 657 Bronze Green and 665 Spring Green
Ecolines são uma marca de aguarela líquida, que seca rapidamente e pode ser diluída em água e misturadas entre si. Usei um pincel com depósito de água para que as cores fossem mais diluídas.

Ecolines are brand of liquid watercolour, that dries really fast and can be dilute in water and mixed together. I used water brush pens (which are brushes with a water deposit) to lay the colours. I didn't the colours to be pure, so I diluted them in water.


Talens Liquid Masking Film 052, Cheap Brush. And two fine water brush pens
Mas ainda antes de começar a pintar com as Ecolines usei Máscara Líquida para bloquear algumas zonas do desenho que não queria que fossem pintadas. (uma pequena nota sobre esta máscara - esta que tenho costuma ser aplicada com um pincel. E para isso uso pincéis velhos ou pincéis baratos, pois com o tempo a composição da máscara líquida vai estragar o pincel.)

But even before using the ecolines I used the Liquid Masking Film to block out some areas while I lay the basic colours. (a quick note about using liquid masking film - the one I have can only be applied with a brush. With this one I only use cheap brushes, because with time the masking fluid will ruin the brush.)

Copic Multiliner SP 0.25, White Gel Pen, HB Pencil, Copic Ciao Markers in E43, YG91, RV29, R22, B12, B23, BV04, YG03. Colour Pallet
Usei os marcadores Copic para detalhes como as flores, o pássaro, bagas e a almofada. Para as pedras escolhi um cinzento, mas não da gama dos cinzentos. Escolhi o marcador YG91 que é um verde amarelado com o nome de Putty e que com a gama de cores que escolhi funciona melhor do que um cinzento.

I used the Copic markers for some details like the flowers, the bird, berries and the pillow. For the rocks I wanted to have some grey colour, but instead of picking a straight grey I choose YG91 - that is a mix of yellowish green with the name of Putty and I think it work very well for the rocks because it blends better. 


Esta foi a minha interpretação duma casa Hobbit, uma em que até nem me importava de viver. É claro que seria de madeira, pois a ser um Hobbit seria duma família modesta (apenas as famílias ricas usam outros materiais - como tijolo). E amarelo porque queria que fosse uma casa feliz e acolhedora.

This is my take on a Hobbit hole, or one that I wouldn't mind living in. It would be on wood, because I would be a modest Hobbit (not a very rich one). Painted in yellow because it would be joyfull and cosy space. 

You Might Also Like

1 comentários

Deixe aqui o seu comentário // Leave us a comment

Bites & Bits August 32-35/52

August was a roller-coaster. A good roller-coaster. I started the month by installing new shelves on my Studio. I did it by myself and I...

Seguidores

Follow
© a outra mafalda 2013 - 2017. Com tecnologia do Blogger.